A sagging or poorly defined neck can have a significant impact on your facial age. As you age, the muscle and skin along the neck become weak, begin to droop, and make you appear older. Neck lift surgery can restore a more youthful contour to your face by tightening sagging jowls and removing excess fat.
Enhance Your Neck
Neck Lift Techniques
- An incision is placed below the chin.
- The platysma muscles are tightened using a corset technique.
- We trim away excess skin.
- The remaining tissue is draped, so it maintains a smooth and natural appearance.
- Liposuction is used to remove fat below the chin and to contour the jawline.
- A small incision is placed just below the chin.
- With liposuction, we can eliminate a double chin or improve the look of fatty jowls.
Neck Lift Concerns
Individuals may experience some swelling and bruising after neck lift surgery. A cold compress will help reduce swelling and minimise discomfort. We also provide a neck garment that you wear all the time for the first week and for another four weeks at nighttime. Patients are usually able to return to work after one week. You should only resume regular exercise with Mr Gwanmesia’s approval.
Since your incisions are placed below the chin, most patients do not develop any visible scarring. However, if your neck lift is combined with a facelift, there may be some scarring that fades over time.
Anaesthesia is used during neck lift surgery to ensure a painless experience for the patient. During recovery, minor swelling may cause discomfort. A cold compress and oral pain medications can reduce swelling and improve your comfort as your face heals.
*Results may vary from patient to patient. There is no guarantee of outcome.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Overall good health
- Realistic expectations about the results
- Moderate to severe neck laxity
Contact us to learn more
Fill out the form below or call us at Tel: 02074741300 with any questions or comments you have.