Top 5 tips to Recover faster from Butt Implant Surgery and What to Expect
Top 5 tips to Recover faster from Butt Implant Surgery and What to Expect
“Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia performs butt implants using FDA-approved silicone elastomer implants that are safe, give an organic look and feel and meet the contour demand of your rear end!”
- Board-certified plastic surgeons in Central London specifically use semi-solid silicone gluteal implants, which are relatively safe, cannot break, and are considered lifetime prostheses.
- Patients should understand that the material in butt implants is different from the material used in breast augmentation and come in a wide range of volumes, shapes, and profiles for a unique treatment plan and best outcomes.
- Ivo Gwanmesia has gone through extensive training and knows how to create successful butt implant results based on one’s customized goal, expectations, and anatomical & physiological profile.
- Butt implants remain safe within the body for years or even a lifetime when placed correctly. There however remains a small risk of complications such as infection occurring. It is important therefore to follow the correct protocols in terms of sanitation and sterilization.
What are Butt Implants?
Butt implants/ buttock augmentation, medically referred to as gluteoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that utilizes silicone implants to fulfil the contour demand of your derriere. Butt implant surgery is relatively safe and result-centric. It provides a voluminous rear end without the risks of discomfort when working with a board-certified, experienced plastic surgeon in central London.
In the words of Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia, MBChB, MRCS, FRCS, a British and American board-certified plastic surgeon, ‘butt implants require extreme precision and super speciality in the buttock augmentation procedure and utmost care while inserting the implants securely between the gluteal muscles/ natural folds of the backside to avoid the risks of infection or other discomforts.” Moreover, Dr. Ivo’s extensive experience in placing implants for gluteal enhancement ensures utmost safety for his patients as well as achieving their desires.
Why Do you Need Butt Implants?
The shape, size, and contour of your rear end are decided by your genetic makeup regardless of the number of squats you do or spend time in the gym. However, overthinking about an appealing profile or wasting time, money, and energy on a workout session goes no way. Therefore, butt augmentation using FDA-approved, solid silicone implants is a medical option, surgically placed into the buttocks via an incision between the butt cheeks.
You need butt implants because:
- Diet and exercise are not enough or able to achieve the desired rounder, firmer buttocks.
- You want a sculpted, voluminous, better shaped butt profile to achieve a sensual look.
- You want an appealing derriere contour to flaunt your tight-fitting jeans.
- Butt injections using loose silicone are strictly prohibited, not FDA-approved, and cause serious health consequences.
What to expect during butt implant surgery, recovery, and in terms of results:
- You will be provided various shapes and sizes of implants to meet your customized butt implant goals.
- Every detail associated with butt enhancement surgery will be thoroughly discussed with Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia at the time of the introductory consultation.
- The selection of specific shapes and sizes of implants will be based on your customized goal and expectations to complement your unique silhouette best.
- Incisions will be meticulously made in the natural fold of the backside, and your implants will be securely inserted.
- Incisions will be closed with stitches or surgical tape.
What is the recovery like for Butt implants?
- It is normal to feel minor discomfort and experience swelling and bruising for several days post-procedure.
- Usually, patients can resume daily activities within 2 to 3 weeks but should refrain from strenuous exercise for at least six weeks.
- After two weeks following surgery, patients are usually cleared to sit normally and sleep on their back.
- Most bruising and swelling in the operated areas will be resolved in 3-4 weeks following your butt implant surgery.
- You can resume all forms of activities, including strenuous exercise, after 5-6 weeks of your procedure.
- Your post-op scars will be invisible as Dr. Ivo discreetly makes incisions in the buttocks’ natural crease. Thus, you will feel more comfortable in a bikini post-surgery.
NOTE: No matter what shape or size of implants has been chosen in your specific case, being in good health, not smoking, and following necessary post-op instructions will increase your healing, improve your results, and prevent complications.
When can I expect to see results from butt implant surgery?
- The result will be visible once you heal from swelling and bruising. Sometimes, it may take several months, as everyone heals differently based on their anatomical and physiological profile.
- It is necessary to follow all the patient care instructions your plastic surgeon provides to enjoy the results within just a few weeks of surgery.
- You will have long-lasting results if implants are in place. You must follow a regular exercise regimen and healthy eating habits to preserve the long-lasting effect.
- Significant weight changes can alter the volume and shape of your buttocks; however, it is vital to maintain a stable weight post butt implants.
Top 5 tips to Recover faster from Butt Implant:
- Follow all post-op instructions provided by your plastic surgeon.
Following all the post-op measures your plastic surgeon suggests is vital to avoid unwanted discomfort. In addition, you need to follow the instructions associated with drains, as your plastic surgeon will ask you to measure the amount of fluid in your drains daily. Once the output falls low enough, your surgeon can remove the drains. Lymphatic drainage massage may reduce swelling and facilitate better drainage of any fluid buildup.
- Take prescription medicines to minimize pain and avoid the chances of infections.
Experiencing some degree of pain is common post-butt implant surgery, which will subside over the first two weeks. If you are pain-sensitive, pain medications will be necessary to make you feel comfortable during the recovery period. The severity of pain depends on your pain tolerance and the surgical technique employed to perform the procedure. Dr. Ivo injects special medication during surgery that provides about three days of pain control in the surgical area, significantly reducing the need for pain medication post-operation. In addition, using antibiotics will be helpful to avoid the chances of infections as prescribed by your plastic surgeon.
- Wear pressure garments to avoid unwanted swelling and chances of contour irregularity.
Wearing pressure garments post-surgery will be recommended to keep your buttock area compressed and support the healing tissue. Based on the extent of your procedure, you will likely require a pressure garment for about six to eight weeks or as long as your plastic surgeon suggests. Pressure garments also ensure your buttocks have no contour irregularity and your new bum stays full and round.
- Sleep in a specific position, and do not sit directly on your butt during healing.
The key rule post-butt implant is not to sit directly on your rear end and limit time spent sitting to avoid the risks of implant damage. If you must sit, the buttock should get raised, and your weight should be placed on your thighs or abdomen instead. While resting, you are advised to sleep on your stomach or side for the first few weeks. A soft pillow is recommended for the next few months to relieve any unwanted pressure on your butt. Once you are done with full recovery, you can sit as you wish.
- Watch for weight gain.
Gaining weight after butt implants can cause compromised results. Weight gain often accumulates in the buttocks first, altering the shape and size of the operated areas. Therefore, following a healthy diet and lifestyle during recovery and post-surgery is essential to maintain a long-lasting effect.
Butt augmentation with FDA-approved silicone implants is an excellent choice for women who do not have enough fat in their body to fulfil the fat transfer butt augmentation (Brazilian butt lift) goal and want a dramatic bum boost. Butt implants are a safe, permanent, and result-oriented option to offer you desired contour to your buttocks with a fuller, firmer, and shapelier derriere appearance.
If you want to know more about butt implant surgery in Central London, contact Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia, a highly skilled plastic surgeon and expertise in butt augmentation surgery. In addition, Dr. Gwanmesia can answer any other questions you may have about your recovery or surgical experience.
Call us at Tel: 020 7474 1300 or complete our online contact form to schedule your one-on-one consultation today.