Transgender Transformation: Top 4 Tips to be followed when it comes to Facial Feminization Rhinoplasty/ Nose Job
“The feminization of the nose can help transgender women transition physically to create harmony between the nose and other modified facial structures, achieving aesthetic results to establish facial gender identity!”
- Did you know that feminization of the nose is one of the essential procedures in facial feminization surgery?
- Did you know that nasal feminization surgery might treat discomfort due to a difference in gender identity and sex assigned at birth (gender dysphoria)?
- Did you know that nose feminization surgery can also correct medical concerns, such as deviation or nasal asymmetry and nasal respiratory failure, and the most crucial is respecting the nose’s functionality?
- Did you know that during feminization rhinoplasty, special attention is given to how the nose relates to other features essential to the identification of facial gender?
Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia, MBChB, MRCS, FRCS, a British and American board-certified plastic surgeon, performs facial feminization surgery (FFS) at the Fitzrovia Hospital and the Welbeck Hospital in Central London. Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia consults patients at 10 Harley Street in Central London, and one can get the one-on-one consultation booked by calling him on 02074741300 or filling out the online consultation form.
Dr. Gwanmesia has mastery in feminization rhinoplasties and satisfied several patients across London and America. Dr. Gwanmesia noted that “facial feminization nose job is the inevitable part of FFS that requires careful assessment to understand the patient’s customized goal and developing a surgical plan that is informed by the patient’s anatomy, ethnicity, and ultimate aim to achieve a result that is both feminine and harmonious in the global context of the feminine appearance.”
What is Transgender Transformation?
The core of transgender transformation is about what feels right for you, as it is solely a customized procedure for every transgender individual. Many features from head to toe reflect sex differences, while facial features are readily seen. However, feminization rhinoplasties play a pivotal role in achieving a more feminine face. As a vital part of facial feminization surgeries (FFS), it is a top speciality of craniofacial plastic surgeons in London, UK.
Transgender transformation encompasses a broad range of procedures to alter an individual’s appearance so they can live in their gender identity. Transition is necessary for those struggling with gender identity and seeking plastic surgery procedures to reduce gender dysphoria (psychological distress due to conflict with the gender assigned at birth) or increase gender euphoria.
Transitioning can be a long and ongoing process or happen over a short period. Thus, a tailor-made plan is decided for every transgender individual to establish their gender identity or ways to affirm their gender.
What is facial feminization rhinoplasty?
Nasal feminization surgery is performed during transgender transformation, typically male to female, which reduces the nose’s overall size and angles. Feminization rhinoplasty or nose job for transgender women helps achieve a more feminized nose, characterized by a smaller and narrower nose with the nose bridge having a more concave nose profile. In order to make a nose appear more feminine, the nasal tip should point upwards, and the nose, along with other female facial features, must have a softer appearance.
The nasal feminization surgery includes the following tasks:
- Reducing the width of the nose
- Narrowing and lifting the tip to give it a feminine appearance
- Bringing the bridge of the nose down
- Accentuating a little hint of curve to make a more feminine look
Nasal feminization surgery can also treat deviated septum, help fix broken nasal bone, and correct all nasal deformities, such as nasal asymmetry, respiratory failure, or breathing issues. However, facial feminization rhinoplasty has both aesthetic and medical benefits and is recommended for women who want to change their nasal shape to fit their more feminine facial features.
There are three specific objectives of a rhinoplasty in the context of facial feminization surgery:
- Feminizing the nose,
- Creating harmony between the nose and other modified facial structures,
- Achieving aesthetic results beyond gender differences.
Facial feminization rhinoplasties vary in cost, depending on your surgeon’s expertise, experience, and active membership in leading plastic surgery societies. And on the other hand, geographical location, clinical facilities, accreditations, and other associated procedures of FFS (facial feminization surgery) can also influence the cost of nasal feminization surgery.
Top 4 tips to be followed for Facial feminization Rhinoplasty/ Nose Job:
Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia highlights the 4 top tips that will make all the difference in the world when it comes to facial feminization rhinoplasty:
- Making the Nose Smaller: The smaller nose is considered more feminine, so the facial feminization nose job aims to make the bridge and tip smaller, with a narrow nose bridge and slightly raised nasal tip.
- Bringing the Bridge Down: The shape of the nose should match the gender of the person and must make the nose aesthetically pleasing. Moreover, bringing the bridge down means any excess bridge composed of bone and cartilage is removed to lower the profile for an optimal result.
- Refinement of the Tip: Tip reshaping is one of the key points in the feminization nose job procedure. To achieve an aesthetic result of a more feminine nose, the tip should point upwards, and the nose, along with other facial features, must have a softer appearance.
- Accentuating a little hint of the curve: Sometimes, people even want a hint of a curve to make a more feminine look to the nose. And then also they want to rotate the tip a little upward to achieve the desired outcomes of facial feminization rhinoplasty.
Overall, nasal feminization surgery requires a customized, tailor-made plan to meet aesthetic outcomes based on an individual’s realistic goal and desire. Every patient is different and requires a customized feminine rhinoplasty, so sometimes the procedure can be combined with other facial feminization surgeries, such as lip lift and augmentation, jaw angle reduction, forehead reduction, eye and lid modification, or any specific set of plastic surgery procedures.
However, an in-person consultation is inevitable to determine what changes are required to meet the aesthetic results of a transgender transformation, especially the nasal feminization that needs careful assessment and planning to avoid any errors and obtain feminine nasal features and the harmonization of the nose with the rest of the face.
If you want to know more about facial feminization rhinoplasty in Harley Street, London, feel free to contact Dr. Ivo Gwanmesia, an American and British board-certified plastic surgeon, at Tel: 020 7474 1300
Or, you can schedule an online appointment by filling out the consultation form.